Hey folks! So, work on Samwell I is ongoing (6800 words written plus three pages of handwritten notes on the Battle on the Fist of the First Men), but in the meantime I have some Tumblrs for you:
- On Varys and the assassination attempt on Dany.
- The strategic importance of the Golden Tooth.
- Castles, towns, and roads.
- The Ur-Text vs the books and Jon/Arya.
- On Robb’s will, the Night’s Watch, and precedent.
- How does House Lannister control non-Lannister gold supply?
- Bran, Bloodraven, and self-awareness.
- On Jaime in HBO’s GoT and the question of redemption.
- The implications of Westerlands taxes being paid in gold.
- Dance army numbers and raising new armies.
- Peasant vs. non-peasant numbers:
- Euron as Saruman.
- How powerful are the Brackens and Blackwoods?
- WOIAF map exports.
- On Renly, Margaery, and annulments: