Hey folks, time to check in once again. So the Patreon is officially in its second month – it’s still a bit short of its first stretch goal of an extra essay per month, so if you have a few bucks to spare and would like to see more Race for the Iron Throne content, every little bit helps.
More importantly, work has started on Arya VI, once of my favorite chapters in all of ASOS. This essay is going to be a long one, but I think a good one.
In the mean-time, we’ve got Tumblrs:
- Was Jon Arryn a bad judge of character?
- Why didn’t Bronze Yohn bring a daughter with him to Winterfell?
- Why do royals stick to a few names?
- On Aegon’s two coronations and royal styles.
- Follow up on Dany’s dragons.
- Early modern economic development and standing armies.
- Robb/Asha marriage in a Greyjoy/Stark alliance.
- Why wasn’t High Tide rebuilt?
- Why are the red priests of Volantis backing Dany?
- What happens when borders shift during the Great Game?
- Ten questions on Euron and the Eldritch Apocalypse.
I’d like to thank my Patrons: Beth Becker, Anonymous, Steven Xue, Gabriel Nichols, Casso King of Seals, Stephan Priddy, Sister Winter, Alistair, Aweseeds, Quinn Albaugh, James Tuttle, Hedrigal, Jeremy Alexander, Dan Kohn, Donald Newell, joannalannister, Abel Savard, Quinn Radich, Emmett Booth, Leonard Wise, Kelly, Courtney Simpson, Will Pepperman, Angus Niven, Lauren Combs, Amanda Marie Ford, Danil Koryabkin, John Pharo, Darby Veeck, History of Westeros, Joshua Imboden, Imriel, Adam Blackwood, Greg Sanders, Alex Chiang, William Griese, NotAPodcast,, Chris Reid, tomsevenstrings, Timothy Upton, Willie Frolik, Micah Bouchard, Lucas Fyten, Gabriel Mallows, Paul Connolly, Brett, Michael Aaronson, Nina Friel, Christine Higgins, Jason Reilly Arends, Jim Tripp, Eric Benjamin, Sara Michener, Dave, and James Keene.
If you’d like to become a Patron and support Race for the Iron Throne, see here.