Hey folks! Now that Tyrion VII is done and Sansa IV is coming up on the horizon, it’s high time we had a Tumblr Roundup, because we’ve got some good stuff on the docket.
- Westerosi accents.
- Why did Cersei choose to have three children?
- Corlys’ motives with regards to the Stepstones.
- A discussion on Stannis and Targaryen loyalists.
- How common was it for swords to break and be reforged?
- Did knights use crossbows from horseback?
- Why was John of Gaunt hated?
- John of Gaunt’s place in the succession.
- Why was Edward II so unpopular?
- Contemporary English historical terms.
- Would Aegon have done better going straight to the smallfolk?
- Varys’ original plan in King’s Landing.
- What is Varys’ perfect prince supposed to do?
- My process for writing chapter-by-chapter essays.
- Would Baelor Breakspear’s line have ended even if he’d survived Ashford?
- Renaissance popes as crypto-atheistic rakes.
- Could peasants working in royal households get patronage?
- Could commoners working in royal households sell their royal gifts?
- The length of fantasy novels.
- Color palettes of medieval fantasy.
- Marvel’s What If?
- Why is the Mona Lisa in the Louvre?
- A case study of academic columbusing.
- International reactions to the American Civil War?
- Does D.C have progressive metaphors?
- “What is the most mundane detail that writers usually get wrong in their worldbuilding? Economic, military, social, whatever–just which detail is usually wrong?”
- That’s a tricky question. It’s probably something like sanitation or travel speeds or something like that.
- “How do you think fAegon is going to get a dragon, so we can get Dance of Dragons Mk II over King’s Landing in The Winds of Winter?”
- I think Dany will invite him to ride a dragon, thinking he’ll end up like Quentyn because he’s not a real Targaryen, only to find that it doesn’t work and he rides the dragon just fine. This will be the straw that gets her to launch into her dragon duel above the city.
- “Will King’s Landing still be the capital of Westeros at the end of this, or will it basically be a charred ruin?“
- Probably both.