Hey folks! Here we are, the last Tumblr Roundup before the final season of Game of Thrones…which I will be covering, albeit in a somewhat abbreviated fashion, focusing more on what I think will or won’t happen in the books than detailed recaps, although I’ll register my opinion about any truly egregious plotting/characterization.
But in the mean-time, we’ve got Tumblrs:
- Clarification re: Night’s Watch specialization.
- Clearing up confusion re: bastard naming conventions.
- Reverse-engineering Ghiscari culture.
- Symbolism of the Iron vs. Dornish thrones.
- Why are lordlings called “my lord”?
- Historical updating of maps.
- How Donal Noye lost his arm.
- Historical examples of over-mighty vassals.
- Byzantine crowns.
- Examples of noblewomen keeping their own names.
- Historical parallels to the Master of Whisperers.
- What it means to act “open-handed.”
- Littlefinger is not a bourgeois revolutionary.
- How do maester get assigned to castles?