Hey folks! The next Fire & Blood recap is up to 450 words, so I am making progress despite A. getting over a nasty cold and B. being super-busy with writing lectures. Defiinitely looking forward to Spring Break, when I should have more time to write. In the mean-time, we’ve got some interesting stuff on the Tumblrs.
- What factors affected popular political sensibilites of Tudor England?
- What options did Jon Snow have other than the Night’s Watch?
- What coinage does the Iron Bank use for making loans?
- Arthur Dayne’s motivations at the Tower of Joy.
- A Northern fleet in the War of the Five Kings.
- Bearl Island as a Northern naval base.
- The status of the Lannisters of Lannisport.
- Anti-monarchist politics in the era of the divine right of kings.
- Why wasn’t the Wall an option for Rickard Karstark?
- Braavos as Venetian vs. Japanese.
- Classism in fantasy and the impoverished aristocrat trope.
- Ancient/medieval translators on campaign.
- Strengths and weaknesses of the Seven Kingdoms re: econ dev.
- A professor’s thoughts on the college admissions scandal.
- My answer to *the* Batman question.
- Thoughts on Captain Marvel.