Hello everyone! So, we’re heading into a really interesting period. FIre & Blood Volume I is almost upon us – my plan is to do an extended bullet-point chapter-by-chapter analysis, and then probably a new Hollow Crowns followup essay like I did after WOIAF came out – and then I’ve got the last part of Hour of the Wolf, and I’m writing outlines for ASOS with the aim of getting to the mid-point of the book.
But in the mean-time, let’s look at some Tumblrs:
- The Hornwoods as power players in the North.
- More discussion of the Renly/Margaery/Robert plot:
- The right of pit and gallows.
- Great House vs. vassal marriages.
- What if Tywin dies?
- What does a confessor in Westeros do?
- The relative democraticness of the Roman Republic.
- Where will Red Wedding 2.0 happen?
- A long discussion on medieval currency for worldbuilding purposes.