Hey folks! Thanks for putting up with my long delay on finishing up Part III of the Life of the High Spider (which still has some errors that’ll need to be fixed when I combine all three parts into one document). I’ve already started work on the last part of the Politics of Dorne, but it’ll be a while in coming because I have a lot of grading to do in the next week.
In the meantime, I’ve got a lot of great stuff on the Tumblr:
- What’s the difference between freeriders and sellswords?
- A discussion on the link between Targ inbreeding and Valyrian blood magic:
- Plantation economies and the intensity of slave societies w/r/t the Free Cities.
- Dead dreamers, greenseer demographics, and highborn infant mortality.
- Who owns the land in feudal systems?
- European vs. Japanese feudalism.
- What do people in the North do during winter?
- Medieval injuries and “Wound Man.”
- Bastardy changing between AGOT and ASOS.
- Why the three horn system?
- How does the ravenry system work?
- Harys Swyft and the coup in AFFC.
- Real-world inspirations for the Kingsguard.
- The Great Bastards.
- Tywin’s thinking about Kingsguard oaths.
- Thoughts on Thor: Ragnarok.
- Levels of technology in Robert E. Howard’s Hyborian Age.
- Thoughts on Werewolf the Apocalypse.