Hey folks! It’s that time of the week again. I’ve got an outline and quotes for Jon II, and work is underway on Politics of the Stormlands as well, but in the meantime, I’ve got some good stuff on the Tumblr to keep your appetite whetted:
- How fertile is the Vale?
- “Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies.”
- On the Crownlands and our modern conception of progress.
- Why didn’t the Crown expand its holdings?
- Rosby and the law of escheat.
- Feudalization and re-feudalization.
- Charters, Municipal and Otherwise:
- Nobles’ view of land.
- Daenerys and imperialism.
- Westerosi road networks.
- Medieval standard-bearers.
- The whys of portraiture in the Middle Ages.