Hello folks! Well, it’s been a lousy week in a lousy year, but I’ve always preferred to react to these kinds of setbacks by redoubling my efforts. (Didn’t hurt that the news was so stressful that I wrote 2800 words of Bran I to avoid having to think about it…) So Bran I will definitely be ready for Monday morning, and in the meantime we have some really good (if occasionally morbid) stuff on the Tumblrs:
- Historical executions. (WARNING: PRETTY GROSS)
- The Stark philosophy of capital punishment.
- Why were so many executions botched?
- Westerosi armies as RTS units.
- Why didn’t Robb see Roose’s betrayal coming?
- The timing of Stark/Bolton relations and the Andal invasion.
- “Goodman” as a title of address.
- Some questions on Ser Bonifer Hasty.
- Land grants and settler-soldiers.
- Royal knightly orders IRL.
- Speculative political maps of Westeros.
- A couple questions about Nymeria of the Rhoynar:
Also, in a somewhat off-topic development, I’ve started GMing a tabletop RPG campaign, running the classic Call of Cthulhu adventure, “Masks of Nyarlathotep,” and I’ll be blogging about each session. So if you’re interested, check it out here: