Hey folks! Sorry to give you two tumblr roundups back-to-back, but I didn’t want this week to go by without an update. The Riverlands essay is up to 13k words right now but I’m only halfway done (some of that 13k will go down as I cut out quotes I don’t intend to use, etc.). If I’m not finished by this weekend, I intend to put up what I have so far on Monday. Incidentally, I want to take a bit of a break before I do the next one, because they eat up a lot of time and I want to do more ASOS chapters and more frequent content in general…speaking of which, I have outlines for the next three ASOS chapters and want to get more done and start writing out some essays.
So let’s look at what we’ve got from the Tumblrs:
- Heraldry in the “surcoatless period.”
- Why the “three battles” of a medieval army?
- The Order of the Green Hand and Barrow Knights.
- Could royal progresses work in Westeros?
- Why didn’t Baelor abdictate?
- The Tattered Prince’s plans for Pentos.
- High Valyrian and Trade Languages.
- Why do gold coins exist in Westeros?
- Why I don’t like grimdark.
- Does Littlefinger look “trustworthy”? No.