Hey folks, thanks for all of your great suggestions about podcast topics. Before I get to the Tumblrs, a few announcements:
- The Politics of the Seven Kingdoms – the North essay should be going up at Tower of the Hand and here early this week, probably Tuesday. It’s a biggun, some 25 pages of analysis.
- I’ll also be posting a link to the History of Westeros Podcast’s upcoming episodes on Bittersteel, to which I contributed research to, and I’ll be appearing on the second installment to talk about the Golden Company.
- As you may have seen in the emails, the first part of the e-book of Race for the Iron Throne, Volume 2 got sent out, and the full e-book will be going out to sponsors as soon as it can be managed, and then later on will be going up on Amazon. We also have new covers for both Volume 1 and 2 thanks to my friend Joanna Lannister, and they look AMAZING.
- I’m going to be scaling back my posts a bit for at least part of the next six weeks, as I work to complete manuscript revisions for my academic book that are due on October 1st. I’m not going to go dark completely; as you can see above, there’s content that will be coming out that I’ll be staggering out (plus some stuff like Sansa I and the Politics of the Vale which are already partly written). However, I’m going to put the Tumblr stuff on hiatus and I’m not going to be starting any new essays until the manuscript is sent.
So what do we have on the Tumblrs?
- Lesser Houses switching Lord Paramounts.
- Bloodraven and Maekar.
- The social position of Northern cavalry.
- Thoughts on House Osgrey.
- How do the Dornish keep their armies in the field?
- (Non-ASOIAF) My beef with the Starbuck Chronicles.
- A long debate on Sybell Spicer:
- Should A Riverlander king have exiled either the Brackens or Blackwoods?
- Why King IN the North and not OF the North?
- Historical basis for guest-right.
- What If Ned had gotten Arya and Sansa out?