Hello everyone! Hope you’re having a good start to the summer; I”m finally getting to enjoy myself, now that grading is over. After spending a week at Godolphin House (pictured above), the Cornwall estate of one Sidney Godolphin, early modern political wunderkind (came to power as one of the few of Charles II’s favorites who actually understood finance, backed James II to the hilt until the opportune moment, then helped engineer the Glorious Revolution of 1688 in exchange for being named First Lord of the Treasury, William Churchill’s right-hand-man in all kinds of diplomatic skullduggery, ended his life as Earl Godolphin), I am now in London, where I’ll be for the next two weeks.
In the mean time, let’s see what’s on the Tumblrs:
- Westerosi heralds.
- Why did Ethan Glover live?
- More on Dany vs. Aegon.
- The necessary evil of maester’s oaths of loyalty.
- Why no King’s Landing before Aegon I?
- Why aren’t the Graftons a bigger player in the Vale?
- Horn Hill’s depiction on the show.
- Thoughts on Margaery’s moves in the show:
- Thin places in Planetos.
- Accountability Corner Time
- On stewards.
- Some dialogue on Euron, Rodrik, and Valyria.
- The social acceptability of the arts.