Hey, folks! This one’s going up a little later than normal, because I’m actually still on vacation (although I go back home on Monday and will start seriously preparing to teach next semester then). However, I’ve still had time to add quotes to Dany V, Arya X (which I am incredibly excited for), and Sansa VIII, so work will begin on those shortly.
In the mean time, Tumblrs:
- Did Tywin have his dad whacked? No.
- Which real knight best lived up to the chivalric ideal?
- The Blackfyre Rebellions and Daeron’s Conquest.
- How to fight against Aegon’s Conquest.
- Tax farmers:
- My education.
- The Medieval view of PTSD.
- Taxes, Law, and the Monopoly on Violence.
- Medieval naval warfare.
- When did hostage-taking work and not work?
- The source of Gregor’s anger.
- If Stannis had taken the city:
- Why was Harrenhal left lordless?
- Royal salaries in Westeros and Medieval/Early Modern Europe.
- What’s the deal with Aegon IV legitimizing his bastards? (Seinfeld noise)
- Jimmy asks: Ned as a swordsman.
- Why I don’t think the Shavepate poisoned the locusts.