Hey folks, it’s that time of the week again! First, the news:
- I have 3 pages of Tyrion XI and 2 pages of Jon VI roughed out, so I’ve officially commenced Battle of Blackwater Week preparations!
- The Kickstarter is up to 85% of the final goal! 128 out of the original 172 donors have contributed, so we’re just waiting on a couple dozen more people to re-do their contributions, and then we can get underway actually delivering on the rewards!
- If you missed it last weekend, Aziz, SomethingLikeALawyer, and I did our Redgrass field episode, so you should check that out.
- Midterms were due, so I’m busy grading. Might slow updates down but just for this week.
Now, the Tumblr Roundup:
- The place of the Iron Islands and the Vale in Robb’s theoretical Kingdom/Alliance of the North.
- Will Stannis become the Night’s King? No.
- Why not kill Balon?
- Is a mad King realistic? Yes.
- The limits on feudal kingdoms.
- Why didn’t Bloodraven invade Essos to get Bittersteel?
- Literacy among the highborn.
- If Daemon had been trueborn, would there have been a civil war? Yes.
- Why is Lannisport sacked so much? It isn’t.
- The Iron Bank and slavery.
- Why I’m skeptical about #s at the Battle of the Trident.