Hello everyone! It’s been a super-busy week: the Kickstarter launched (which if you haven’t contributed to yet, we’re only $40 away from unlocking a Dunk and Egg essay series), a whole bunch of chapters got posted, I did a guest post on Tower of the Hand, and a guest appearance on the History of Westeros podcast!
However, I didn’t neglect my Tumblr fans either, so we have some interesting things to mull over while I work on Arya IX:
- the North’s boom-and-bust cycle.
- Why do army sizes change so much in the history of Westeros?
- What if someone other than Roose Bolton commanded at the Green Fork?
- Related: When did Roose decide to betray the Starks? Part two.
- How would I have advised Daeron II re: the Dornish peace?
- More on controlling the Freys.
- Would the world be better if Brandon Stark had killed Littlefinger? Yes.
- Was Beric Dondarrion incompetent? No. Strongboar is a bit of a dick, tho.
- Did Edmure squire for Hoster during Robert’s Rebellion? Probably too young.
- What kind of rights and protections could the smallfolk get?
- Robb Stark and leading from the front.
- Some initial thoughts on Joe Abercrombie.