Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates – the ongoing (and hopefully soon to be concluded) saga of my screwed-up foot has put me majorly behind on things, although thankfully since I have the week off that should be improving shortly. At the moment, I’m 2600 words into Jon V, and that should be going up sometime this week.
In the meantime, here’s some tidbits to tide you over:
- what limits the size of Westerosi armies?
- the War of Five Kings and GRRM’s thumb on the scales
- historical parallels for Old Gods/New Gods coexisting?
- what if Renly had died before the War of Five Kings?
- my take on Roose Bolton’s strategy vis-a-vis Stannis
- what if Domeric had lived?
- the political economy of food in Westeros
- What if Aerys had kept the gates shut? And a followup.