As of now, “Race for the Iron Throne: History and Politics of A Game of Thrones,” Version 2.0 has gone live on Amazon.com! If you’ve already purchased your copy, thank you very much – download your updated copy by going to your amazon.com account and going to “Manage Your Kindle” to update your copy, and syncing your e-reader once you’ve done that. Do tell your friends, leave an review on the Amazon page, it helps a lot – big shout-out to the folks who’ve left reviews already, it’s been amazing.
If you haven’t yet bought the book, now is the perfect time to get yourself the snazzy new version.
Here’s what’s included in Version 2.0:
- A brand-new cover with custom photography, as opposed to the old cover which was a copy of “It Is Known”‘s cover.
- A brand-new Introduction from Yours Truly, to help out the newcomers navigate the text.
- A fully-remastered main text, with working internal hyperlinks that replicate the blog’s functionality in linking together arguments and themes developed over dozens of chapters.
- And, as promised, a bonus section containing:
- “From the Blue Buddha Archives,” an extensive sample from editor Marc Kleinhenz’s It is Known, covering A Clash of Kings and the first season of Game of Thrones
- “Blue Buddha Daibutsu: “Night Falls and Lights Rise,”” a never-before-published fantasy short story incorporating magic, the divine, and the meaning of life… and death, written by Remy J. Verhoeve, of Is Winter Coming? and Tower of the Hand fame.
- “Blue Buddha Gaiden: “Why Do We Fall, Bruce? To Write Horribly Cheesy Dialogue, Part III,”” – an exclusive essay critiquing Man of Steel as a film and examining it as a burgeoning (cinematic) world-builder, written by editor Marc Kleinhenz.
- And leaving the best for last, a Blue Buddha Sneak Peek of Hymn for Spring, the hotly-anticipated followup to Tower of the Hand’s excellent edited volume of essays A Flight of Sorrows (highly recommended by yours truly). including an update on which authors will be included in the upcoming Volume 2, a Q&A with some of the new authors, and a sample from the book – which will be landing September 29th, featuring two essays from Yours Truly.
I hope you’ll be pleased with the extra work that’s been put into making Version 2.0 bigger and better than before!